The Hector Research Career Development Award (Hector RCD Award) was announced in 2020; with it the Hector Fellow Academy (HFA) pursuits the goal of promoting and supporting the scientific career of junior researchers in the area of natural and engineering sciences as well as medicine and psychology. The award aims to nurture and encourage young scientists at a critical point of their careers.
- W1 assistant professor (with or without Tenure Track) or junior research group leader in the natural or engineering sciences, medicine or psychology
- Doctorate or PhD-equivalent with outstanding results & completion less than 7 years ago*
- Employment at a German university or research institution supporting the application**
- Content-related or formal authorization to supervise doctoral researchers
*Exceptions may apply (e.g., clinical training, parental leave), see program information. ** Support by the head of institute necessary (e.g., for the use of infrastructure during the project).
Extent of Funding
The Hector RCD Award is given annually to 3-5 scientists; at least 50% of the Awards each year will be given to female scientists.
- One-time 25,000 € flexible personal research funds
- Funding of 1 doctoral position (according to DFG funding scheme) and material expenses in the HFA for 3 years (9,500 €/a)
- Membership in the HFA for 5 years with the opportunity to apply for selected funding formats
Application period: September 1st – October 30, 2020
Program information and details: www.hector-fellow-academy.de/en/hector-rcd-award.html
Contact: Stefanie Peer, Program Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
About Hector Fellow Academy
In the year 2013, one of the founders of the software company SAP Hans-Werner Hector established the Hector Fellow Academy with the objective to strengthen Germany as a worldwide renowned location for science and research, to initiate pioneering socio-political discourse and to contribute to the solution of global challenges. Members of the science academy are excellent researchers from the area of natural and engineering sciences, medicine, and psychology, who are appointed every year through the allocation of the Hector Science Award. The academy offers the Hector Fellows not only a platform to exchange with fellow scientists and to work on interdisciplinary research projects. It also set oneself to pass the knowledge and experience of the members to the next generation. To do so, the Hector Fellow Academy funds postdoctoral positions for alumni with an outstanding master’s degree and called the Hector Research Career Development Award to life.