Our Central Research Department at Sika Technology AG (Zürich, Altstetten) has an exciting open position for a Research Internship for a Chemist/ Material Scientist, starting from January 2021. This internship offers a fantastic opportunity to engage in the development Sika’s future technology platforms for a dynamic chemist looking to further their career and get insight into industrial research.
Exciting Challenges :
- Literature research, reaction planning, organic synthesis, documentation, interpretation and presentation of result
- Evaluation of novel monomers from renewable sources, development of prototype green adhesive formulations and thermo-mechanical evaluation as well as application tests
- Learn first-hand about the many aspects of industrial research at Sika Technology
We Need Your Skills :
- Do/did you study chemistry or materials science?
- Basic knowledge in organic chemistry
- Self-motivated work attitude and personal initiative to drive the project forward
- Ability to work independently and strong organization skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Motivation to learn and succeed within an industrial environment
Building Trust Every Day :
- We offer exciting Internships focusing on the development of green chemistry for sustainable adhesive technology platforms
- Trust is the most important thing for us. We trust in the capabilities of all our Sika team members and reward them with above average freedom and empowerment – every day
- The chance to bring new ideas, interesting areas for development, and taking responsibility early on are some of the key factors that drive Sika’s pioneering spirit
- Friendly, personable and often surprisingly uncomplicated, that’s how many of our employees describe their working relationships at Sika. We call this the Sika Spirit
Sika is a great employer, looking for people with international focus. For further information on this internship please contact Tamara Blöchliger (058 436 43 83) or apply online through our career portal.
For insights into what our colleagues say about working at Sika, please click here.
About Sika Technology AG
When something is created - either in construction or industry markets - our solutions for bonding, sealing, reinforcing and protecting are almost always included. We trust in the skills of our 20,000 employees worldwide and encourage them to develop innovative products to tackle the new challenges that arise every day.